Hope you could transfer files from your laptop to your tablet or phone by just drag and drop method without using any external cable. There are numerous way to do file transfer over Wi-Fi with a good speed. Many softwares are also available on the internet to share files over Wi-Fi. In this post you will learn to do file transfer over Wi-Fi by two methods, that are :
FILE TRANSFER OVER Wi-Fi THROUGH SHAREit
SHAREit is one of the best app that allows you to do file transfer over Wi-Fi between your Windows PC, android phone or iOS phone. It also comes with a limitation as mac version is not available yet. SHAREit allows you to transfer files, apps, contacts and anything and you can easily transfer and back up Contacts, Call logs, SMS , Apps, all types of files in SD card and even System settings from your old phone to new one.
Some awesome features:
- PPT Control- SHAREit allows you to control PPT directly from your phone and hence Presentation will not be a problem.
- Backup Feature- With SHAREit you can back up contacts, images, messages, apps. You can backup them to your PC.
- Control PC- When connected to PC you can control or view your PC folders and files with your phone.
Transfer files over Wi-Fi through SHAREit– TUTORIAL
Here is the tutorial to transfer files over Wi-Fi between a Windows Laptop and an Android Phone through SHAREit.
1. Click on the image above and you will be redirected to the official SHAREit website (link will be opened in a new tab), and you can download the SHAREit app for your android phone or iOS phone or for your Windows PC.
2. Open SHAREit in both of your devices.
4. You will see all the available devices on your android phone. Select the one you want to connect with and now you can access your PC folders with your phone or your Phone’s directory with your PC.
And in the same way you can transfer files from your smart phone to your laptop PC.
FILE TRANSFER OVER Wi-Fi THROUGH Filedrop
Another software- Filedrop is also very famous and very simple. Click the banner and you will be redirected to the official website of Filedrop and download Filedrop
in your smart phone and your laptop. Filedrop software is also available in mac. Follow this tutorial to transfer files over Wi-Fi.
Open Filedrop in your Laptop and in your smart phone. Within a second or few, a connection will be established between your smart phone and your laptop.
Now you can simply use drag and drop method to transfer files from your laptop PC to your smart phone. I would recommend SHAREit over Filedrop though sharing with Filedrop is quite easy and simple, but transferring speed is much faster in SHAREit.
To transfer files from your smart phone to your laptop PC, click on wireless icon that appear in the middle of the screen, two options will appear on the scree,
- to share images
- to share files
Select anyone option to transfer images or files from your smart phone to your laptop PC.
FILE TRANSFER OVER Wi-Fi THROUGH Filedrop Website
Open the Filedrop website in your laptop website, now open Filedrop app in your smart phone. As soon as you open Filedrop app in your smart phone, a connection will be established between your laptop and your smart phone, Now you can follow the same procedure as to transfer files from your Laptop PC to your smart phone through Filedrop software.