YouTube is a video sharing website that is used to view, upload and share videos. It consists of videos usually uploaded by individuals. Today YouTube is one of the most popular website having alexa rank 3 Globally. Everyone loves to watch videos on YouTube on their smart phones or tablets. Whenever we watch some great video on YouTube then we like to save it on our device, So in this post I will tell you how to download youtube videos on android phones. Everyone is aware of the fact that YouTube has launched its “add to device” playback feature that enables you to save any video and watch it later even if you don’t have an internet connection. Here in this post I would also tell you how to download YouTube videos on android and from any other website. (this post will include only the best method & won’t include any unnecessary method).
But “First thing First”, So let me give a quick review and how to use YouTube offline “add to device” playback feature.
As everyone of us is aware of YouTube and how to use it. YouTube launched its offline “add to device” playback feature last year that enables you to save any video on your device and watch it later even when you don’t have an internet connection. But this is temporary (video will be kept saved only for a limited time).
Follow this very simple tutorial to save any video on your device. (YOUTUBE OFFLINE)
- Search some video that you want to add to the offline player list of YouTube then you’ll see a down arrow button (see in picture).
- Tap on the down arrow button and select the print quality you want to download.
- The video will start downloading and will be saved in your offline player list of YouTube.
- The offline player list of YouTube can be accessed by clicking “Offline” in the Menu option of YouTube app.
- Now you can watch your favourite videos on YouTube even if you don’t have an active internet connection.
As I have previously described about this feature that it can be used to save videos on your device and you can watch the videos later even you don’t have an internet connection, but this feature would let you to play the saved videos only in the YouTube app and also you cannot share the saved videos via Bluetooth or other app. And also it is temporary, that is the saved video will remain for a limited period. So I personally would recommend some other sort of trick to download YouTube videos on android phones.
Now I would tell you the one and the best method to download Youtube videos on android smart phones.
Just follow this tutorial to download youtube videos on android and from any other website.
- Download and install Tubemate apk – In my opinion Tubemate is the best application to download videos on an android phone. Tubemate enables you to download videos not only from YouTube but from any other website.It includes the following features :-
1) Download videos from any website.
2) You can download videos in any quality ranging from 240p to 1080p.
3) It is completely free application.
4) Has inbuilt browser to search for videos.
- Now open Tubemate and enter any website for ex. youtube.com
- Search any video you wish to download and open that video,
you will see a green down arrow on the top right corner.
- Click on that arrow and then a menu will appear to select the print quality, select any quality that favours you and your download will begin.
- Done !
NOTE – To download High quality videos you have to download a plugin that allows you to download any high quality videos (720p or 1080p). This plugin will be downloaded as soon as you try to download any high quality video.