Hey, guys, I am back again with another tutorial on “How to install CWM recovery without PC”. You can also check my other tutorial to install CWM recovery on any android phone (with ODIN) that was the tutorial for a non-rooted android device. Now in this tutorial, I’m gonna tell you how to install cwm recovery on a pre-rooted android phone. If you have a rooted android phone and want to install CWM recovery without PC, then you have to follow these easy steps.
CWM recovery is one of the best custom recoveries for android phones, I guess you knew what I mean by custom recovery. It could be a replacement for the basic stock recovery that comes pre-installed on your android phone. In this post, I’m not gonna tell you again about CWM recovery in details. So without any further ado, let’s move on to the tutorial.
Install cwm Recovery without PC
ROM Manager is another great app developed by the same dev Koushik (dev of CWM recovery). With ROM Manager app you can make a backup of your phone very easily and you can also install custom ROM’s with a single click. It’s a free application available on Google Play Store.
- A pre-rooted android phone
- To install cwm recovery without PC you need to install ROM Manager app from Google Play Store. This single app will do everything, you need not download cwm recovery for your phone. As the ROM Manager, app will download and install cwm recovery, particularly for your android phone.
Let’s get started
- Now I believe you have installed ROM Manager from Google Play Store, if not you can install the app from here.
- Now run ROM Manager app and select Recovery Setup. There you’ll see a list of options, under the Install or update recovery, tap on ClockWorld Recovery.
- ROM Manager will identify your phone model if the identified model is correct then click on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
NOTE – Make sure your device is connected to the internet, as ROM Manager will download the cwm recovery particularly for your device.
- Now wait for the download. When the CWM Recovery is downloaded, it will be automatically installed on your phone.
- Now go to recovery mode, you’ll see the Stock Recovery would be replaced with custom CWM Recovery.
Congrats, you have successfully installed CWM Recovery on your phone. Drop a comment if you face any issue.
If you are still having nay problem with this method then you can follow the other method that I consider it to be the best of all, install CWM recovery using ADB.