Laptop not connecting to WiFi ?
Laptop not connecting to WiFi but it is connecting on my phone and other devices. If you are getting trouble with your laptop WiFi connection then just have a look on this simple tutorial, it might help.
Wireless Internet Network allows an electronic device to access the world of Internet with ease. WiFi may be used to provide Internet access to devices that are in the range of wireless network that are connected to internet.
If you are facing trouble with your WiFi network read this post to discover a few different ways to troubleshoot your WiFi problem and restore your WiFi network.
Check your Laptop’s WiFi Button
Sometimes we forgot to switch on the WiFi button and try struggling to access the internet. First make sure the air-plane mode of your laptop is switched off and WiFi is switched on.
Make sure your wireless connection is not disabled. To enable wireless connection –
Open Network connections
Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections Or press “Window Key + R”, Run window will be opened. Type ncpa.cpl and press Enter, Network Connections tab will be opened.
2. If the wireless connection you are using is in grey colour (disabled) then press right click button and enable it.
Re-install the drivers of Network Adapter
1. Open Device Manager – Right click on the My Computer shortcut and click Manage or Open My Computer and click on the Manage option present on the top menu under computer section and click on the Device Manager
2. Click on the Network adapters, Under the Network adapters menu look for your wireless adapter, right click on it and hit uninstall.
3. After this action click Scan for hardware changes, your adapter drivers will be re-installed.
Changing the router Channel Selection
If any of the above solutions didn’t worked for you, then probably the router is using a channel that is not supported by your laptop WLAN card. To solve this issue follow these steps very CAREFULLY.
1. Connect your laptop with your WiFi router via LAN cable.
2. Open your web browser and go to admin panel of your router, type the server ip and press enter (usually 192.168.1.1).
3. Provide the Username and Password.
4. Look for the option that deals with channels, look for the current channel change that value and enter the channel value that your router is using (usually 11), hit enter and save it.
Disconnect the LAN cable and switch on your laptop’s WiFi button, Now you will see the WiFi connection will now be established in your laptop.
If you like this article then follow us on facebook. You are always welcome to share your thoughts and problems. Do tell me which method helped you, I’m very excited to hear from you. Thanks !